Graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1984 from the University of Barcelona Autonomous. Specialist in Cardiovascular Surgery, residency held at the University Hospital La Pitié-Salpétrière in Paris, France during the period 1985-1990. Title of Qualified Specialist Physician in General Surgery by the Departmental Council of the College of Physicians of Paris in 1990. Title of the French College of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery in 1991. Title of Competent Qualified Physician in Thoracic Surgery at the Departmental Council of the College of Physicians of Paris in 1993. Medical Specialist in Cardiovascular Surgery. Title of Fellow of the European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons in 1999.
Scientific & Teaching Activity
● Head of the Cardiac Surgery Service of the Bellvitge University Hospital in Barcelona.
● Assistant Chair of Surgery at the Universitat Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI.
● President of the Catalan Society of Cardiac Surgery 2009-2011.
● Member of the Catalan Society of Surgery.
● Member of the Catalan Society of Cardiology.
● Member of the Board of the Spanish Society of Thoracic-Cardiovascular Surgery (SECTCV).
● Member of the European Association for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).
● Member of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT).
● Member of the Spanish Society of Cardiology (SEC).
● Collaboration in various research projects.
● 44 publications in International Magazines.
● 22 publications in National Magazines.
● Multiple communications in Meetings and Congresses (more than 150).