When we are visiting another city we usually make a greater physical effort, as a result of walking, long periods of standing, which causes fatigue. Therefore, rest, proper nutrition and restful sleep are very important. Avoid insomnia and rest on your vacation.
Sometimes we try to stay awake longer by taking stimulants, which end up taking a toll on us.
8 Tips to avoid insomnia on your vacation
- Try to eat 3 meals a day. Have a healthy snack, between meals if necessary
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluids a day
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco
- No consuming energy drinks to skip meals, so it´s usually have a lot of caffeine that causes: irritability, sleep disturbance or increased blood pressure, among others
- Stay away from drug use to stay awake longer
- Sleep at least 8 hours, in a calm and relaxed environment
- Wear comfortable shoes and avoid walking long distances without resting on vacation
- We slept on different mattresses, noisier rooms with lots of light
If, despite following these tips, insomnia continues, we recommend consulting an expert. Ruling out any health problem and/or establishing an adequate treatment are part of the action protocol, as indicated by Professor Dr. Cabrera, from the Drnear.online team.
It is estimated that 10% of the population suffers from chronic insomnia. As a result, the EMA has authorized the marketing of the first treatment for adult patients with chronic insomnia. Chronic insomnia is characterized by sustained difficulty for at least three months in falling asleep or staying asleep.
Quviviq is the trade name for daridorexant, a drug that becomes the first dual orexin receptor antagonist (DORA) approved in the European Union for the treatment of chronic insomnia. This sleep disorder negatively affects both physical and mental health.