This incorporation complements the Group’s commitment to Cardiology as a highly specialized therapeutic area and which has proven professionals in its different branches such as valve disease, arrhythmia, cardiac imaging, structural heart disease, surgery, or clinical cardiology. Dr. Cequier will work interconnected with all of them thanks to the national cardiology network that HM Hospitals has.
● Graduate in medicine and surgery. University of Barcelona.
● Specialist in Cardiology. University of Barcelona.
● MCCEFG: Medical Council of Canada. Ottawa, Canada.
● Clinical and Researcher Fellow. Interventional Cardiology. Montreal Heart Institute – University of Montreal, Canada.
● Doctor of medicine and surgery. University of Barcelona.
Scientific & Teaching Activity
● Associate professor of cardiology. University of Barcelona.
● Former President of the Scientific Committee of the Heart Attack Code of Catalonia.
● Former Vice President of the Spanish Society of Cardiology.
● President-elect of the Spanish Society of Cardiology.
● Coordinator of the Cardiovascular Research Group. *IDIBELL.
● Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology.
● More than 300 articles published in national and international journals (New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, Circulation, European Heart Journal, Journal American College of Cardiology, Spanish Magazine of Cardiology, etc.).
● Twenty books or book chapters.
● 5 addresses of Doctoral Theses.
● More than 500 national and international conferences and presentations.
● Principal Investigator in more than 100 research projects and clinical trials.
Areas of Professional Interest
● Clinical director of the Heart Disease area. Bellvitge University Hospital.
● Percutaneous coronary intervention.
● Percutaneous structural interventionism.
● Acute coronary syndromes.
● Antithrombotic treatments.